Whole-Wheat Pasta with Kale and Roast Chicken
8 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
1 recipe Braised Kale, puréed
3 cups white meat and 1/2 cup sauce from Roast Chicken with Pan Sauce
1 (15-oz) can low-sodium chickpeas or white beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons ground coriander
1. Cook pasta until al dente. Reserve 3 TBSP cooking liquid; drain.
2. In large skillet, heat rest of ingredients, stirring, until very hot.
3. Toss in the pasta and cooking liquid.
Roasted Asparagus & Shallots
3 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
2 lbs asparagus spears
Combine shallots, butter, vinegar, thyme salt and rind, stirring well with a whisk.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Snap off woody ends of asparagus. Arrange spears in a single layer on a shallow baking pan coated with cooking spray. Cover with foil and bake for 5 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes or until asparagus is crisp tender. Pour butter mixture over asparagus, tossing gently to coat.
Serve immediately with white wine! Bon Appetit
Quinoa, Asparagus and Avocado Wraps
1/3 cup quinoa, uncooked
10-15 stalks of asparagus, woody ends trimmed
2 tsp olive oil
2 tsp of your favorite hot sauce, or to taste
1/4 cup garlic hummus
1/2 avocado, sliced
juice of half a lime
1/3 cup sharp cheddar, shredded
2 whole wheat tortillas
1. Rinse the quinoa and prepare according to package instructions. Mix in the hot sauce and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425F. Toss the asparagus with the olive oil and arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 5-8 minutes, or until tender crisp.
3. Toss the avocado with the lime juice and set aside.
4. Divide the hummus between the two tortillas and spread evenly down the center. Spoon half the prepared quinoa over the hummus on each tortilla. Arrange the cooked asparagus on top of the quinoa (trim and overlap the stalks of asparagus if they’re too long and sticking out from the end of your tortillas.) Sprinkle the cheese over the top of the asparagus. Finally, divide the sliced avocado evenly over the asparagus. Roll up the tortillas like a burrito, slice, and serve!and Avocado Wraps
Game Day Grilled Bacon Jalapeño Wraps
6 fresh jalapeño peppers, halved
lengthwise and seeded
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
12 slices bacon
1. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
2. Spread cream cheese to fill jalapeño halves. Wrap with bacon. Secure with a toothpick.
3. Place on the grill, and cook until bacon is crispy.